Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Jacksonville Construction Lawyer > Jacksonville Family Lawyer > Jacksonville Child Support Modification & Enforcement Lawyer

Jacksonville Child Support Modification & Enforcement Lawyer

Because needs and ability to meet them may change after a divorce, a former spouse always has the ability to ask the family court to increase or decrease the amount of alimony or child support, or to change the terms of visitation agreements.  Just because you ask the family court for a modification does not guarantee that you will get the modification you are seeking. You will need a Jacksonville child support modification & enforcement lawyer who thoroughly understands this process. At Daniel M. Copeland, Attorney at Law, P.A. our attorney and staff are knowledgeable and skilled at presenting realistic expectations as to how the court may modify your order depending on your specific set of circumstances.

The basis for seeking a modification of a custody or support order is “a substantial change of circumstances” that has occurred since the court entered its final judgment.  We can review the facts of your situation a to determine if it is reasonable to expect the court to consider your change in circumstances substantial enough to lower the current amount of your child support obligation or to increase the amount of your visitation.

Sometime issues arise at the home of the primary custodial parent that may not be in the best interests of your children.  We can examine these factors to determine if these changes will cause a court to switch primary custody to you. These issues can be complex and you should be represented by an experiences family law attorney such as Daniel M. Copeland.

Special rules concerning child custody apply to a military divorce.  For example, Florida law allows a military parent who is on a deployment lasting more than 90 days to assign his or her time-sharing with the children to immediate members of their deployment, if practical.  Further, there are rule that will provide you additional tome-sharing with your children when you return from long periods of deployment. We can assist you in obtaining the maximum amount of time-sharing with your children based on your deployment obligations.

We also know how to avoid and resolve enforcement problems when one spouse defaults on child support or alimony payments.  Violations of support , whether child or spousal support are very serious matters and the court has a wide range of options for enforcing these obligations, including the suspension of your driver’s license, professional license, contempt of court that could result in your going to jail.

If you are experiencing trouble paying or receiving court ordered support, immediately contact Daniel M. Copeland, Attorney at Law, P.A.  We are experienced and knowledgeable in addressing such issues in a manner that will get you the relief that you need and deserve.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn