Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Jacksonville Construction Lawyer > Jacksonville Family Lawyer > Jacksonville Grandparent & Relative Custody Lawyer

Jacksonville Grandparent & Relative Custody Lawyer

All too often neither parent is able to act as the primary custodial parent by providing a safe and stable home environment for the child or children.  Whether the parents’ problem relates to alcohol, drug abuse, criminal activity/incarceration, mental illness or disability resulting from an accident, grandparents or other closely related relatives of the parents might want to intervene on the children’s behalf.  However, without an order from the court, you may find that you have no right of access to school records, medical information, or other information essential to the proper care of the child.

If you are a grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or other adult relative of a child who might need your continuing care for an indefinite period, contact Jacksonville grandparent & relative custody lawyer Daniel M. Copeland at Law, P.A.  We are experienced in this matter and will clearly explain your rights and alternatives and assist you in developing a course of action that will fulfill the best interests of the children.

Pursuant to Florida law, relatives and grandparents’ rights to visitation or child custody are conditioned upon certain circumstances, such as problems at the child’s primary residence or the inability of the parent to provide proper care.  In those situations, we can advise you about the possibility of an order for temporary custody of the child from a family court judge in what is known as a Chapter 751 proceeding. The family courts in Florida are quick to realize that if at all possible, it is the best placement option for the Court to place the children with their grandparents rather that into formal juvenile dependency proceedings or foster care.

For additional information relating to grandparent rights, contact Daniel M. Copeland, Attorney at Law, P.A. to learn more about your rights to your grandchildren.

Please note, all information contained herein is provided for general informational purposes only.  The information herein is not intended as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Different factual scenarios may yield different results.  In addition, several other factors must be considered in each individual case, and those factors can only be ascertained by speaking directly with an attorney.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn